I got this email yesterday from a MozyPro salesdude about our account ... the gist is a HUGE price increase is coming :-(
"As a valued customer, I wanted to provide you with advance notice of a new MozyPro backup offering. March 2008, the MozyPro service will expand to include both a desktop and a server license.
The MozyPro desktop offering will run exclusively on desktop operating systems and will maintain the same low monthly price of $3.95 per license and 50 cents per GB.
The new MozyPro server offering will be available at a monthly price of $6.95 per license and $1.75 cents per GB. In addition to all the features found in the desktop offering, the robust MozyPro server product offers:
- Desktop and Microsoft Windows server OS support
- Network share support (only available with server license)
- VSS writer backup and restore to Exchange, SYSVOL, and Active Directory
Here's how it will affect you as a customer:
New server and/or desktop licenses purchased including storage purchased and assigned to these licenses will fall under MozyPro's new pricing and product plan.
Existing MozyPro licenses and storage on your account will be "grandfathered" and pricing will remain the same. Any additional storage purchased and assigned to a grandfathered license will retain MozyPro's existing pricing plan as well. Grandfathered licenses will retain existing features, functionality, and support.
Take advantage of MozyPro's current product pricing:
Any licenses and storage you purchase before March 1, 2008 will be grandfathered. That means you'll lock in the current MozyPro license offering and price!
# Server Licenses
Grandfathered Pricing per Month
New Server Pricing per Month
If you anticipate needing additional licenses, purchasing now will save you money. If you switch your account to one of the discounted yearly or two-year plans, you will save at least 10% more as well. Now is an excellent time to save money on our service.
Please contact me with your questions, to purchase more resources, or to take advantage of one of our discounted plans."
Don't forget non-profits also get a 10% discount as well ... or at least they did. Guess a good thing can only last so long. An approx quadrupling in price seems ridiculous to me, but what do I know. Thank goodness for the grandfather clause :-)
Also to note is the newer MozyEnterprise product line ... what caught my eye about this new offering is the local pre-population of data before you start backing up over the wire.
MozyEnterprise is a new offering based on the award-winning Mozy™; family of online backup SaaS solutions that became part of EMC with the October 2007 acquisition of Berkeley Data Systems. MozyEnterprise is an enhanced, highly scalable online backup and recovery solution that has been made enterprise-ready with several new features important to enterprise customers, including:
- Enhanced security through RSA, the Security Division of EMC™ including integrated key management, authentication and authorization security features
- Rapid enterprise-wide deployment options such as assisted activation, auto-activation and proxy support as well as physical seeding up to 2 TB for larger devices to speed delivery of first backups and facilitate rapid rollouts in an enterprise environments
- Enterprise-class availability and support options tailored to meet the more demanding performance and availability needs required by large organizations
- Economical off-site data protection for remote servers, desktops and laptops located anywhere on a network—comparable solutions cost up to 10 times more than MozyEnterprise.
MozyEnterprise powered by EMC Fortress is available immediately in North America through EMC and its reseller partners. EMC plans to offer MozyEnterprise to its partners and customers outside of North America later in 2008. MozyEnterprise requires no minimum contract and imposes no fees for early service cancellation. Monthly subscription list prices are:
- Desktop/laptop - $5.25/mo. per desktop/laptop plus $0.70/mo. per gigabyte protected
- Windows Server - $9.25/mo. per supported Windows server plus $2.35/mo. per gigabyte protected
Guess I'll be making some calls to Mozy this week and see what makes the most sense for GCC.