Here's the follow up to my prior job opening post (make sure you're read it before sending emails)
Position: Full Time Support Staff Reports to: Information Technology Director
This person’s primary role will be to live and die for the helpdesk. Ridiculous customer service and attention to detail are a must for this position. A Secondary role will be to provide assistance to the Network Administrator for server and network related tasks. We only hire sled dogs--someone who will pull with all their worth to further the mission, vision, values of GCC and the IT Department.
Support users by resolving 1st-3rd tier desktop support requests for help with desktop/laptop computers, Windows, Office and other desktop applications, Fellowship One church management software, network issues, and telephony issues
Manage servers, server applications, networks, security, and phone systems
· Current A+, Network+, MCSE certifications or actively pursuing certifications a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or actively pursuing degree completion.
· In-depth technical problem solving skills with the ability to support a wide range of technologies and escalate to vendors when necessary to resolve issues.
· Ability to support and train users on Windows XP/Vista and Microsoft Office 2007 applications; familiarity with Fellowship One church management software a plus.
· Ability to troubleshoot PC/Server hardware problems and perform repairs.
· Apple and Linux networking, hardware, software troubleshooting experience a plus.
· Ability to manage information security including permissions, passwords, firewall, anti-malware, anti-spam, and content filtration systems.
· Ability to manage business phone systems, voice mail, desktop phones, and the associated wiring infrastructure.
· At least two years current experience managing Windows 2003 server, Active Directory, Exchange server, and Windows networking.
· At least two years current experience installing, configuring, and supporting managed network switches, routers, firewalls, wireless access points, and the associated wiring infrastructure.
· Strong ability to take initiative, manage workload independently, multi-task, prioritize, document, and follow through with great attention to detail.
· Excellent personal communication skills including ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical end users.
· Ability to work under pressure, to work in a fast paced environment--going above and beyond when needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Actively monitor all incoming support requests, prioritize, and respond as appropriate providing weekly helpdesk reports/trends
· Maintain a high volume of completed requests with accuracy and efficiency, and provide follow up with end users to ensure satisfactory response and resolution.
· Diagnose and resolve computer software and hardware problems, escalating issues when necessary.
· Complete adds, drops, moves, and upgrades for computer, network, phone, and voicemail.
· Install and support approved desktop application software.
· Provide on-the-spot user training in software and procedures as needed.
· Develop, follow, and/or implement guidelines, strategies, standards, and procedures in conjunction with IT Staff.
· Manage Windows 2003 servers, Active Directory, Windows networking and printers, Exchange server, and other server-based applications.
· Manage information security systems including firewall, anti-malware, anti-spam, and content filtration.
· Install, configure, and support managed network switches, routers, firewalls, wireless access points, and the associated wiring infrastructure.
· Manage phone and voicemail systems and the associated wiring infrastructure.
· Maintain up to date hardware and software inventory including software licensing.
· Other duties as assigned by the IT Director.